Thanksgiving is finally here! It is a time we are thankful for what we have and then stuff our faces till we are roughly 4 months pregnant with food. It is a time for gathering and enjoying ones company.
It is also the time of year when we have lots of leftovers. What do you do with those left overs? You try to pawn as much as you can off on guests, if you had any, but now what? You will probably be able to eat it that way maybe once or twice. After that though, it becomes boring and almost like a chore.
Here are some great ways to transform those leftovers into a new dish:
- Freeze some of the turkey meat and reuse for soups, turkey pot pie, heck even for Christmas next year. My family has holidays by ourselves since we are 1700 miles away so this is what we are doing! Cook once eat twice!
- Make a panini- Starbucks has an amazing thanksgiving panini so this is my inspiration. Put turkey, gravy, stuffing, and if you got it a little cranberry sauce. It sounds weird but it’s strangely an amazing compliment to the other ingredients.
- Turkey noodle casserole: turkey, egg noodles, whatever vegetable you had, then make a sauce! I make my own using chicken broth, flour, and butter!
- Make a quesadilla (so trying this, this year!)
- Thanksgiving burrito? This one not so sure of but willing to try!
- Make egg rolls (cranberry sauce as a dipping sauce!) put turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, or whatever your heart desires in it. Roll it up and fry or bake it!
- Turn it into a casserole: this is more of a dump and bake but has potential!
- Turkey Sheppard’s pie: turkey, green beans(i used green bean casserole, mashed potatoes on top and bake!
- Turkey stuffing muffins
Hope this helps turn those leftovers from bleh to yum!
Hope you had an amazing thanksgiving and I cannot wait to share more posts like this with you!